The Grimmspeed Up Pipe has been made with beefy local raw materials for your Subaru WRX and STI. The flex joint is 321 Stainless Steel w/ an Interlocking Liner and tubing is a heavy duty 14 Gauge 304 Stainless Steel(competitors use thinner 16 GA) that has been CNC Mandrel Bent and finished up with a nice brushed finish. Our flanges are made out of 1/2" 304 Stainless Steel and are fully machined on all sides(competitors typically just laser cut flanges for cost reductions). We also put a nice bevel on the edge of the flange so you don't cut yourself. You're welcome. The insides of our flanges are "cut-back" to allow the pipe to rest inside the flange which gives you a nice flush mating surface thus allowing optimal flow through the pipe. Heck, we started as a Porting company after all....we take pride in exhaust flow quality through our pipes. All fabrication is completed by our Welder/Fabricator who is certified in Aerospace Welding...yeah, he knows his stuff. A bit of overkill using an Aerospace Welder you say? Well the Up Pipe is put through some very harsh environments so we wanted the best for the job.
An External Wastegate (EWG) allows exhaust gases to be diverted prior to entering the turbo; creating quicker turbo spool. The GrimmSpeed™ EWG has a larger diameter than a stock internal wastegate; this allows the exhaust gas to be released faster, which improves boost control, maintains maximum boost longer in the rpm range. All of these together will give you a 10-40 HP INCREASE. Moving the wastegate out of the turbo relieves the turbo from the massive amounts of turbulence that the stock internal wastegate creates.
- Gaskets Included - Heavy Duty GrimmSpeed Gaskets
- External Exit Tube - Designed in Solidworks for optimal flow from main tube
- Flex Joint - 321 Stainless Steel "Tuned-Bellow" w/ Interlocking Liner
- Tubing - 14 Gauge 304 Stainless Steel Piping w/ Brushed Finish - 33% thicker than most competitors
- Pipe to Flange Connection - Cut-Back flange allows much smoother connection. Piping is flush with flange so there is no step into the pipe.
- Flanges - 1/2" 304 Stainless Steel CNC Milled - All 3 sides are milled for precise tolerances in manufacturing
- Optional ceramic coating
- Increased HP by 10hp-40hp
- Reduce turbo lag
'91-'94 Legacy Turbo
'04+ Baja Turbo
Grimmspeed 38mm V-Band EWG Uppipe Installation Instructions
2 customers have reviewed this product.
- A great product. Definitely wakes the car up, and worthwhile even on "smaller" turbo setups. Spool and top end are both better. The only 'downside" is the increase in noise, but depending on the spring you use for the wastegate you wont hear it at all until you're making lots of boost.
Well worth the price
- I got this as a complete kit from Grimmspeed and it is by far the best mod I have done to my STi so far. I got about 28WHP from this set-up with a protune. Sound is amazing and spool up is drastically reduced. Install can be kind of a PITA but with a couple of buddies it saves alot of time. If your looking for an EWG set-up I highly recommend this one!