Do you know what your intake manifold sits on?...a superheated engine. If you don't know already, the cooler your intake air is the more HP your car will achieve. Grimmspeed presents you the answer to this age old problem, raising the intake manifold off the engine with GrimmSpeed's new Phenolic Intake Manifold to Engine Thermal Spacer.
Part #: 083001
Phenolic spacers have been used for years by many other specialized automotive companies, but this is very new technology to the Hyundai world.
What it does:
* Greatly reduces the transfer of heat from engine to intake manifold thus reducing heat soak.
* True Phenolic material, not cutting board material like others.
* The cooler your intake temperature is the denser the air is which leads to more power
* For every 5 degree reduction in temperature, increases power by 1%.
* The cooler and denser the intake air that the engine sucks in, increases the amount of air that can be mixed with fuel thus increasing efficiency.
* Direct bolt-on.
* When running the OEM gasket only, your intake manifold gets very hot to the touch, enough to burn your hand. When the OEM gasket is replaced with GrimmSpeed's Phenolic Spacer, your hand can be placed on the intake manifold without any issues.
* We have installed both with and without OEM Hyundai Gaskets and have had no issues with either way. We do recommend using 2 sets of OEM gaskets however, one on both sides of the spacer.
* USA made
1 Phenolic Thermal Spacer
3 Longer bolts with washers
Any returns for an exchange or refund will be allowed within 30 days from the receipt of your order and must be authorized prior to shipping with an RMA Number (Return Merchandise Authorization). To receive your return instructions and RMA# please use our online form under Returns and Exchanges! Once you receive your return instructions please ship out the item at your earliest convenience and provide the tracking number to your customer service rep. The customer will be responsible for all shipping fees. Before shipping your product back please make sure you package it up exactly how you received it and in all of its original packaging. All items must be in brand new and resalable condition. Once the item is received it will be inspected and a credit will be issued accordingly. All returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee. Any returns received without an RMA# will be charged a restocking fee and any shipping fees associated with the return. An item that does not ship directly from IIR's warehouse is considered a "special order" item and no returns will be authorized.