Alta Upgraded BOV Spring 2007+ Mini Cooper S
The Alta upgraded blow off valve spring is a great alternative to expensive complete replacement BOV's. It is a very effective way to make your turbocharged Mini hold more boost between shifts. This reduces turbo lag and boosts performance. The stiffer spring still allows for normal functioning of the BOV, but keeps more pressure in the boost tubes to prevent any lapse in power. A key to the design of this part is ensuring the spring is not too stiff. Because this is an electromechanical device, it is crucial that electronic solenoid is able to open the BOV. The ideal spring rate was chosen and then tested to work perfectly in excess of 40psi of boost! While you will never see that level of boost, it is comforting to know that your BOV is now up to the task of handling anything you throw at it! Anyone with simple hand tools can install this part in under 30 minutes. Simply remove a handful of parts including the electronic BOV and then just replace the factory spring and your done!
- Installation time of roughly 30 minutes.
- Custom Made Heat treated 17-7 Stainless Steel Spring
- Rated for over 7,000,000 cycles
- Makes turbo response better between shifts and less turbo lag
- Holds and vents 40psi perfectly!
- A fraction of the cost of complete BOV replacements