The ETS Saab 9-5 intercooler unit features smooth flowing cast tanks and a highly efficient bar and plate core. The core is 100% vacuum brazed, and features louvered external fins, and a very fine internal fin pack. To attain the maximum efficiency possible, the internal fins are offset and staggered to get every possible air molecule to "scrub" up against an internal fin so that the heat may be transferred to the external fins and carried away from the intercooler. It is this unique design that allows this ETS intercooler to attain an 82% efficiency rating. A 300 HP there is only a .75 psi drop! As well as being extremely efficient, these cores have a very high flow rate of 1080 CFM, allowing it to handle as much boost as the engine is configured withstand. Further, the core is rated for 710 crank HP! All from an intercooler is designed to fit into the stock location!
The construction of the intercooler is second to none. The vacuum brazed bar and plate core is very rugged and can withstand rock and other debris that can easily dent other types of cores. To complement a fine core, custom cast Aluminum 356 End Tanks are used. These end tanks are deburred, shot peened and then Tig welded to the core. Each core is visually inspected and pressure checked to 35psi before shipment to ensure fault free operation.
- 2000-2005 Saab 9-5 Sedan I4 Aero
- 2004-2005 Saab 9-5 Sedan I4 Arc
- 2001-2003 Saab 9-5 Sedan I4 Linear
- 1999-2000 Saab 9-5 Sedan I4 S/SE
- 1999-2003 Saab 9-5 Turbo 4-cyl.
- 2000-2005 Saab 9-5 Wagon I4 Aero
- 2004-2005 Saab 9-5 Wagon I4 Arc
- 2001-2003 Saab 9-5 Wagon I4 Linear
- 2004-2005 Saab 9-5 Wagon I4 Linear
- 1999-2000 Saab 9-5 Wagon I4 S