Grimmspeed 44mm EWG Up Pipe kit has been made with beefy local raw materials for your Subaru WRX and STI. The flex joint is 321 Stainless Steel w/ an Interlocking Liner and tubing is a heavy duty 14 Gauge 304 Stainless Steel(competitors use thinner 16 GA) that has been CNC Mandrel Bent and finished up with a nice brushed finish. Our flanges are made out of 1/2" 304 Stainless Steel and are fully machined on all sides(competitors typically just laser cut flanges for cost reductions). We also put a nice bevel on the edge of the flange so you don't cut yourself. You're welcome. The insides of our flanges are "cut-back" to allow the pipe to rest inside the flange which gives you a nice flush mating surface thus allowing optimal flow through the pipe. Heck, we started as a Porting company after all....we take pride in exhaust flow quality through our pipes. All fabrication is completed by our Welder/Fabricator who is certified in Aerospace Welding...yeah, he knows his stuff. A bit of overkill using an Aerospace Welder you say? Well the Up Pipe is put through some very harsh environments so we wanted the best for the job.
An External Wastegate (EWG) allows exhaust gases to be diverted prior to entering the turbo; creating quicker turbo spool. The GrimmSpeed™ EWG has a larger diameter than a stock internal wastegate; this allows the exhaust gas to be released faster, which improves boost control, maintains maximum boost longer in the rpm range. All of these together will give you a 10-40 HP INCREASE. Moving the wastegate out of the turbo relieves the turbo from the massive amounts of turbulence that the stock internal wastegate creates.
- Gaskets Included - Heavy Duty GrimmSpeed Gaskets
- External Exit Tube - Designed in Solidworks for optimal flow from main tube
- Flex Joint - 321 Stainless Steel "Tuned-Bellow" w/ Interlocking Liner
- Tubing - 14 Gauge 304 Stainless Steel Piping w/ Brushed Finish - 33% thicker than most competitors
- Pipe to Flange Connection - Cut-Back flange allows much smoother connection. Piping is flush with flange so there is no step into the pipe.
- Flanges - 1/2" 304 Stainless Steel CNC Milled - All 3 sides are milled for precise tolerances in manufacturing
- Optional ceramic coating
- Increased HP by 10hp-40hp
- Reduce turbo lag
- Grimmspeed 44mm EWG Pipes 2 Bolt w/ Dump Tube $350 Unocated / $390 Coated
- Grimmspeed Bracket - Optional $39
- Tial 44mm Wastegate $365
- Grimmspeed Coating - Optional $40
2004-2006 Baja Turbo
2004-2013 Forester XT
2005-2009 Legacy GT
2005-2009 Outback XT
Grimmspeed 38mm V-Band EWG Uppipe Installation Instructions