K-Sport Rally Spec GR Gravel Coilovers Mitsubishi EVO 8 / EVO 9 2003-2006
Ksport Rally Spec GR Type coilover System is designed specifically for gravel rally competition. It includes longer stroke, durable construction, and simultaneous compression and rebound adjustment.
36 levels of damping adjustment allow you to fine tune the ride to your handling and comfort needs. The damping adjusts compression and rebound simultaneously for ease of adjustment. Pillow ball top mounts in the front and rear on some applications allow you to maintain vehicle manufacturer suspension geometry design. The pillow ball top mounts also allow you a more direct feel for solid driver response. Camber adjustability is included on pillow ball top mounts that allow it for the ability to adjust camber from the actual coilover, instead of a separate camber kit.
Most applications utilize an adjustable lower mount, which means you adjust height without losing suspension travel like some other coilover designs do. With the mounts and most pieces of the coilover being designed for 6061 billet aluminum the kit is lightweight, durable, and rust resistant. The steel shock body is electroplated with zinc to resist rust and the elements. The valving of each set is matched to the springs installed for unmatched ride quality and reliability.
The Ksport system uses a Monotube design in which the oil and gas are separated within the cylinder. When compared to twin tube designs the Monotube dissipates heat better, allows finer damping adjustments, and requires more expensive design process. Aeration and cavitation are a lot less common in a Monotube design, which results in a better ride.
- Specially designed extended length springs for rally racing
- Extended cylinder length and piston stroke
- Inverted design for McPherson type suspension
- Large 55mm shock bodies
- Heavy duty steel top mounts
- Heavy duty steel lower mounts
- Hardened rubber pillowball for reduced noise
- 36 way adjustable damping
- Collars and upper mounts made from 6061 aluminum with T6 for increased hardness
- Adjustable spring perch for height adjustment
- Adjustable lower mount allowing maximum suspension travel
- Monotube high pressure design reduces oil leakage
- Electroplated body for added protection from corrosion and rust
- Dust boot to protect damper seal
Note: The Ksport Rally Spec GR coilover system will raise your vehicle past OEM height levels. Depending on application, your vehicle will raise up to 2 inches from OEM level. This is a concern for people competing in rally events, as many sanctioning bodies have rules that pertain to ride height.