Mishimoto introduces their direct-fit WRX top-mount intercooler engineered specifically for the 2008–2014 Subaru WRX. The stock top-mount intercooler is prone to heat soak and even failure of the stock plastic end tanks above 18 psi. Mishimoto engineers spent months designing and testing this new WRX intercooler to ensure optimum performance on both the street and track.
This WRX top-mount intercooler utilizes durable cast aluminum end tanks TIG-welded to a highly efficient and dense bar-and-plate core. The Mishimoto WRX intercooler has a 3.75" core and a total volume of 584 cubic inches. Thanks to this volume and a very dense offset fin pitch, this intercooler optimizes heat transfer and supports vehicles from stock up to 400 whp. This intercooler endured rigorous testing, showing a 12°F temperature drop as well as a +6 whp and +8 wtq bolt-on power increase during testing. Installation is simple, requires no modification to any parts in the engine bay, and can be completed in under 30 minutes.
Included with this intercooler are a new turbo-intercooler O-ring gasket, and Mishimoto’s silicone throttle body coupler. These components negate the need to gather supplies for installation, and they ensure years of reliable service. This intercooler is available in a durable powder-coated finish of Sleek Silver or Stealth Black, and it includes the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty.
Features and Benefits
- Heavy-duty bar-and-plate core with cast end tanks to sustain high boost
- Core design optimized for optimal flow while providing excellent heat transfer
- +6 whp and +8 wtq increases
- 12°F temperature decrease with minimal pressure drop
- 80% larger core volume over stock
- 37.9% greater internal flow area
- Fits with stock hood-scoop shroud
- Includes turbo-to-intercooler O-ring that functions like stock
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
08–14 Subaru WRX
05–09 Legacy GT
05–09 Outback XT
09–13 Forester XT
Looks, fits, and works great
Direct fit for a 2009 2.5 xt outback no leaks and a small miss alignment to the left side that goes into the turbo looks clean also