A fuel surge tank (FST) is designed to prevent fuel starvation to the engine on vehicles with inadequate fuel tank baffling. The FST fuel pump feeds the fuel rail(s). The volume of fuel inside the surge tank acts as a buffer to always keep the FST pump supplied with fuel. This volume is maintained by the main fuel tank's (lift) pump as well as the fuel returning from the fuel pressure regulator.
In the case of the FST-R (patent pending), the regulator is built in to the surge tank and is recirculating fuel internally. Excess fuel in the surge tank is returned back to the vehicle's main fuel tank.
Installing a surge tank is also an easy way to upgrade the fuel pump of a vehicle without opening or modifying the OEM fuel tank.
RADIUM FST-R FEATURES:
- Full CNC aluminum construction with O-ring sealed interfaces
- Anodized for compatibility with all fuel types
- Integrated adjustable fuel pressure regulator with 1:1 vacuum reference
- Interchangeable regulator orifice sizes to match output of different pumps
- Nickel-Plated Electrical Connector with 24" Flying Leads
- Assembled with stainless steel hardware
- 6AN male hose connections
- Fully assembled and leak tested before shipment
- Lifetime warranty on Radium components (excludes fuel pump, hoses and fittings)
This item is non application specific. Please verify compatibility before purchase. May require some modification for proper installation.