Turbo XS has just released their performance top mount intercooler for the Subaru WRX 2.0L. This is a direct bolt-on replacement intercooler designed to dramatically increase intake air cooling capability and horsepower over the diminutive stock intercooler. The bar and plate core is 68% larger than stock yet still mounts in the stock location while allowing users to keep the OEM engine cover!
• 13 x 10 x 4 inch core is 68% larger than stock and is the largest available
• Cast Aluminum End Tanks
• Bar and Plate Core
• CNC Milled Billet Aluminum Mounting Brackets
• Compatible with OEM Charge Pipe
• Compatible with OEM Engine Cover (Minor Trimming Required)
• Direct OEM Replacement with all Hardware Included
Keeps the IAT low but its a little tighter than id like to fit in
It was a little bit of a bare to install by myself. If you have ever installed a bigger than stock TMIC you will know it is a pain to line up the mounting hardware.
What really matters is while cruising it maintains 10 degrees above ambient. Once I retune with Mikey Botti, Im betting it will pick up another 25tq/15hp alone without the charge pipe.
As easy as the OEM comes out this goes in. Fitment is on point and can’t beat the price.
Fit and finish is good.