EBC vs MBC.
Part #: 057033
The manual boost controller will allow you to run a higher than stock boost level by preventing the wastegate from opening at its pressure rating. This does create additional boost however once you set your given boost target it will deliver that number throughout the entire rev range. This means that if you don't have the supporting fuel mods then you could potentially hit detonation at redline. Whereas you can tune the boost map in the electronic boost controller to provide maximum boost in the strike zone of the rev range and to overboost like some manual boost controllers can create.
Other features of the Grimmspeed Electronic Boost Control Solenoid include ultra-low profile hose fittings that keep the unit as small and compact as possible. These hose fittings are nickel plated brass which makes them much more durable than the plastic hose fittings which are prone to breaking.
* Users can use AN fittings with the solenoid.
* MAC Valve has completely custom made the valve for us(only MAC valve on the market to be custom made for automotive tuning use).
* Specifically designed by GrimmSpeed to work safely with the factory EVO ECU (requires tuning) and to reliably handle the vibrations and temperatures of your engine bay!.
* The only direct “bolt in” design for the EVO. Direct bolt in mounting bracket and hardware included! (specify which model before ordering).
* Faster response and greater flow than any other valve out there. (by more than 10%!).
* Nickel plated brass fittings. (unlike the competitors' failure prone plastic fittings)