Part #: 057041
The advantages of a 3-port boost control system(ebcs) vs. the factory 2-port system are readily apparent during the tuning process. The 3-port systems works by interrupting the boost signal traveling from the turbo to the wastegate. That boost is redirected back into the turbo inlet and re-ingested by the turbo using our machined adapter. This is important, as the factory Mass Airflow Sensor has already measured that air and is expecting that your motor will use it during combustion, rather than venting it to the atmosphere. The factory configuration simply 'bleeds' the signal from between the turbo and wastegate, which creates a system that is a bit less complex, but reacts more slowly and with less precision. The chart above shows two boost plots. The 'before' is our 2015 WRX, dyno tuned by a third party protuner. The 'after' is the exact same tune, but after the installation of the GrimmSpeed 3-Port BCS. As you can see, the addition of the GrimmSpeed BCS shows much tighter boost control and consistency. This is safer for your car and easier for your tuner.
An elegantly engineered solution.
- Custom Machined Adapter - Makes use of the factory inlet recirculation port, instead of blocking it off
- Black Anodized Finish - Protects the assembly from corrosion in an extremely demanding environment
- 1/4in Barbed Fittings - Matches the factory turbo and wastegate hose size
- 3-Port Solenoid - Proprietary internal modifications prepare the solenoid for extreme conditions below the vehicle
- Plug-n-Play Wiring Connector - Plugs directly into the factory wiring harness with no modification required
- Compact Design - No need to mount the solenoid elsewhere in the engine bay, increasing complexity and hose length
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
If your trying to make power this is a must, good quality too.
A must if your modding your subi .. your tuner will thank you.
Works great and was easy to install, a must have if you are modifying your Subaru