So, you probably already know that you want an intercooler with maximum cooling and minimum restriction, but when it comes to selecting the right ‘man for the job’, we think it’s important to understand why. As air is pressurized by your turbo, it heats up, not because of the heat of the turbocharger, but because when they’re compressed, the atoms in the air are forced closer together and as a result, move faster and have more energy. That energy manifests itself as heat. The more heat we can remove from the system, the denser the air becomes and that’s what helps eliminate pre-detonation, or ‘knock’, allowing for increased output from your system. Your OEM TMIC does just fine at stock boost under normal use, but as soon as you start putting some real heat into it with higher boost or harder use, it heat-soaks beyond recovery.
Part #: 090001
- Smooth End Tank Internal Contours - Designed for maximum flow
- Machined Throttle Body Connection - Tight, leak and trouble-free seal
- Machined Flange Faces and Internal Bores - Maximum pressure-tightness and unrestricted flow
- Permanent Mold End Tank Tooling and Casting - Allows much tighter tolerances and higher strength
- Stainless Steel Threaded Inserts - Prevent cross-threading or damaged threads
- High-Density, High-Flow Core - Optimizes heat transfer and minimizes flow restriction for turbo Subaru's
- Cleaned, Inspected and Sealed Prior to Shipping - Prevent Motor Damage Due To Foreign Matter
04-05 Forester XT requires an STI BOV and STI BOV recirculation hose.
WRX and Forester models will need OEM STI or GrimmSpeed Y-Pipe Kit in Red or Black. The Y pipe kit IS NOT INCLUDED.
Splitter is sold separately
Any returns for an exchange or refund will be allowed within 30 days from the receipt of your order and must be authorized prior to shipping with an RMA Number (Return Merchandise Authorization). To receive your return instructions and RMA# please use our online form under Returns and Exchanges! Once you receive your return instructions please ship out the item at your earliest convenience and provide the tracking number to your customer service rep. The customer will be responsible for all shipping fees. Before shipping your product back please make sure you package it up exactly how you received it and in all of its original packaging. All items must be in brand new and resalable condition. Once the item is received it will be inspected and a credit will be issued accordingly. All returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee. Any returns received without an RMA# will be charged a restocking fee and any shipping fees associated with the return. An item that does not ship directly from IIR's warehouse is considered a "special order" item and no returns will be authorized.