Grimmspeed has developed a high quality cold air intake system to meet the demands of tuners in mind for your Subaru WRX and STI. Based on their testing and research, design requirements for this intake became simple. The MAF sensor must be protected from the heat of the engine bay for more accurate readings. The filter must not be close enough to the ground such that water/hydrolocking are a concern. The MAF sensor must be placed relative to the filter and air straightener, similar to the OEM airbox, so that airflow readings are consistent and reliable. The intake tube must be no longer than necessary with minimum bend angle, to reduce restriction. The heatshield must provide sealing between the induction area and the hot engine bay to keep air intake temperatures low. The GrimmSpeed intake shown here achieves each of these requirements and more. What is accomplished is a true hybrid of traditional Cold Air Intakes and Short Ram Intakes, with all the advantages and none of the compromises.
- Hybrid Cold Air/Short Ram Design - Combining the advantages and eliminating the negatives of both traditional intake designs
- Air straightener - Dimensionally mimics the factory configuration for accurate MAF sensor readings
- MAF sensor location - Inside heat shield, isolated from engine bay heat
- Custom reusable high flow air filter - Integrated velocity stack entrance smooths incoming air
- Made in the USA - Right here in Minnesota, in fact
- 30min Installation - Extremely simple with our written and video guides
- 1x Intake Tube
- 1x High-flow Oiled Filter
- 1x Hump Hose Connector
- 1x Heat Shield Assembly
- 3x Hose Clamps
- 2x MAF Flange Screws
- 3x Precut Rubber Sealing Strip
- 1x MAF Wire Grommet
Install was easy. Intake temps are lower than what I had with the COBB set up. It is a little quieter now that it’s tucked in the fender which sucks but whatever. Had to do some adjusting with my intercooler piping. You will need a retune for it.
The fitment was perfect, the install is simple and took less than thirty minutes, i recommend GrimmSpeed to anyone with a subaru!
East install, great build quality and made in USA.They say the stock intake is fine up to 4XX but I wanted to complete my "stage 2". Cleans up the engine bay of the snorkel, and I also bought the optional DryFlow filter for when I need to clean the filter.