Part: # MMAI-CTR-17
It’s time to turn up the heat on your hot-Honda with the Mishimoto Performance Intake Kit for your 2017+ Honda Civic Type R. Even though the CTR is the cream of the crop when it comes to Honda’s compact chassis, it’s still a mass-produced car, meaning there is room to improve, especially when it comes to the intake system. Luckily, the OEM engineers laid the ground work for us, attaching an aluminum runner from the turbo to the induction boot, meaning we only had to focus on what was attached to the end of the runner to bring a new intake to the CTR.
For starters, we ditched the turbulence-generating, accordion-styled intake hose and replaced it with 5 layers of silicone embedded with heat-resistant fibers. On top of strengthening the intake boot, we’ve also made sure to increase the diameter and smooth out the interior, which greatly assists the overall 42% increase in flow throughout the full system.
The other contributing factors to our air flow increase are our precision-adjusted MAF housing and improved airbox. We started by separating the two, and then redesigning the MAF housing to ensure an increased flow while maintaining safe fuel trim perimeters. The result is a setup that can run on the stock tune without any hassle from the check engine light. Our airbox grew in size to accommodate our freer flowing filter, and retains the factory rubber snorkel securing the dedicated intake channel incorporated into the CTR’s hood. Combining these improvements unlocks a max gain of 16.7 whp and 20.1 wtq from your 2.0T.
The stealth black color scheme retains an OEM+ look to your Type R’s engine bay, and as with all our products, the Mishimoto Honda Civic Type R Performance Intake Kit includes the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty.
- Direct fit for the 2017+ Honda Civic Type R
- Provides max gains of 16.7 whp / 20.1 wtq while maintaining safe A/F ratios
- 42% increase in flow over the stock intake system
- No tune required
- Silicone elbow eliminates restrictions and improves and increases airflow capacity
- Extremely aggressive intake tone under acceleration
- Precision-adjusted CNC aluminum MAF housing allows for better flow
- Powder-coated black airbox keeps unwanted hot air from entering the air filter
- Mishimoto high-flow oiled air filter receives maximum airflow from the front of the vehicle
- All black mounting equipment retains OEM+ aesthetic under the hood
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty