Part #: PRL-HCR-CP
Our upgraded charge pipe kit utilizes smooth flowing, 26% larger inner diameter cold-side for increased airflow and factory diameter hot-side outlet to aid in turbocharger spool. 4-ply silicone couplers are used throughout our design for a couple of reasons:
- Heat-soak reduction: Silicone hose offers extremely low thermal heat transfer properties, especially in comparison to steel or aluminum.
- Strength and rigidity: The rubber hoses used from the factory are known to experience expansion, which worsens as boost is increased. In time, the rubber construct weakens, causing increased likeliness of a boost leak. Also, we have managed to melt the factory rubber hose a handful of times during our track adventures on our shop car. Our high-temp, 4-ply silicone with handle the high temperatures of the turbocharger much better than the factory rubber hose(s).
- Smooth airflow: Custom molded silicone allows us to offer much higher flowing bends than we could with metal tubing.
- Optimal fitment: We have found that the factory rubbers hoses don't offer the most desirable fitment, especially when paired with an aftermarket radiator. Our silicone hose(s) offer even better fitment than factory.
- (1) Cast Aluminum Intercooler Outlet Piece
- (1) Aluminum Charge Pipe, Powdercoated Wrinkle-Black w/ Vacuum Port(s) & 1/8" NPT Methanol Injection Bung
- (1) Charge Pipe Bracket
- (2) M5 x 0.80 x 10mm BHCS Bolt
- (3) 4-ply silicone couplers
- (6) 304 Stainless Steel Lined clamps
- All hardware needed for install
- FITS ALL 2017+ HONDA CIVIC TYPE-R MODELS INCLUDING RHD, INTERNATIONAL MODELS, ETC
- FITS FACTORY INTERCOOLER OR PAIR WITH OUR INTERCOOLER UPGRADE FOR OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE
Please Read Before Ordering:
- NO TUNE REQUIRED
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL FACTORY LOCATION/CONNECTION INTERCOOLERS - PRL MOTORSPORTS INTERCOOLER UPGRADE RECOMMENDED FOR OPTIMAL FITMENT & RESULTS
MINOR TRIMMING MAY BE REQUIRED TO RADIATOR/FAN SHROUD IF USING AFTERMARKET RADIATOR
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm. (http://www.p65warnings.ca.gov)