2002-2007 Subaru WRX w/ Top Mount Intercooler
2004-2007 Subaru STI w/ Top Mount Intercooler
Note - 2002-2005 WRX installation requires the removal of the cruise control module.
- Reduces the chances of detonation
- Traps oil from the crankcase ventilation before it enters the intake system
- Increases intercooler efficiency by reducing the amount of oil deposited into your intercooler and intake system
- Reduces carbon buildup in the combustion chamber, intake valves, and intake tract
- Separates engine oil from water vapors and allows the oil to drain back into the engine
- Durable Wrinke Red Powder Coating
- Difficult Installation Effort
- Estimated Installation Time - 3 Hours
- Installation Instructions
- No Tuning Required
What's in the Box:
- (1) PERRIN Air Oil Separator
- (1) Car Specific Bracket
- (1) PERRIN License Plate Frame
- All necessary hardware for installation
- Warranty & Instructions
As blow-by/oil builds up inside your intercooler, the less efficient it becomes due to less heat being transferred away from your engine. This leads to power loss and detonation, which can be damaging to your engine. The AOS will reduce carbon build up in the combustion chamber, intake valves, and in your intake tract. The crank case blow-by is recirculated back to the intake to be ingested by the engine, but in doing so, gets stuck in the intake tract, intake valves, and the intercooler. This builds up over time which causes a loss in power and extra wear and tear on your valve train.
The base plate of the the AOS is heated by coolant drawn from the engine. By keeping the AOS the same temperature as the engine and blow-by gases, water condensation is decreased allowing oil and water vapor to separate and pass through the can. This vital feature eliminates nearly all the sludge that can build up in the AOS body, which drastically reduce how often you must clean it.